Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wow! It's been a long time.

Hello!
I thought it was time for an update. A lot has happened since December!
I got into Dental Assisting and took a few classes last semester. I start full-time this fall and am so excited!

I have finally figured out a combination calorie-counting wise that lets me lose weight. I was stuck at 5 pounds lost FOREVER and finally went to the doctor about it. I had read that women with PCOS need a ton less calories than women that don't, and she confirmed that and advised me to eat 1200-1500 calories a day. I had been doing 1300 with no luck, so I bumped down to 1200. It worked immediately and I dropped 4 pounds in one week! I have since lost 17.
I don't really calorie count anymore because it got a little unhealthy...I would map out my day while I was eating breakfast or a little after and would exhaust myself trying to get the perfect ratios of everything. Then, if something that I planned didn't go the way that I had wanted it, I would pretty much freak out. It was getting to be an obsession, so I stopped. I get on MFP every once in awhile and log just to make sure I'm still averaging 1200 calories, but other than that I have pretty much lost this 17 without counting one single calorie!

As far as exercise, I have been a total slacker. =/
I am in my second week of a Turbo Fire/ChaLEAN extreme hybrid and love it! I am determined to be no more than 15 pounds over my highest healthy weight for my height by early October. I have to have a physical done for Dental Assisting and want to be as healthy as I can be, and scrubs really aren't that flattering with a flabby tummy! ha ha. My hybrid will end the week of Oct. 15th so this is absolutely perfect.

I think that's really about all for my update, I will try to post here more often <3
By the way, I have started a beauty blog - link is http://nykkiez.blogspot.com , so be sure to follow me on there too!

Lots of love,
Nykkie

No comments:

Post a Comment