Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm doing this for...

I know, I know, I always post an "it's been awhile" post and then disappear again. 

I'm still plugging away. I am in school fulltime now and it is amazing, yet extremely exhausting. I am trying to get exercise and healthy eating in, but it is a balance act I have not yet mastered. 

I wanted to write down the reasons why I want to do this and hopefully to re-spark my passion.

I am doing this for my lungs. They get stronger after every hard workout after I push them to their very limit. 

I am doing this for my feet. They are so tiny and bear all of my weight without little complaint.

I am doing this for my skin. It has stretched and broken but still guarded my body. It deserves to be flat and tight. 

I am doing this for my face. It has beautiful bones and deserves to have them highlighted. 

I am doing this for my body. It has never failed me although I feed it crap sometimes. It deserves nutritionally rich foods.

I am doing this for my muscles. They work hard and deserve to be seen, not hidden under layers of fat. 

I am doing this for my mind. It is so clear and peaceful after I treat it to a workout.  It also has other things to worry about, other than "do I look fat?"

 I am doing this for my soul. I feel so connected to my body after I workout and feed it good nutrition. 

I am doing this...for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment